PHP Yorkshire Speaker Information
We're committed to bringing together some of the best speakers from all around the world to share their knowledge with you here. We provide a travel and accommodation package to all selected speakers to help make this possible.
This year's package
Our speaker package for this year's event includes:
- Full conference pass.
- 2 complimentary hotel nights.
- Speakers dinner on the Friday night
- Lunch, receptions and activities included in regular conference.
- We'll pick you up and drop you off to/from the airport/train station so you don't have to worry about it.
- Travel and other reasonable expenses covered, subject to budget.
Our workshop package for this year's event includes:
- Everything from the speaker package.
- Additional complimentary hotel nights. (depending on workshop length)
- Profit share from tickets sales to your workshop, more details and estimated earnings available on request
International speakers are encouraged to submit their ideas, but because of budget restrictions, we can only accept a limited number of speakers from outside the country. If you or your employer are able to cover some or all of your expenses, please let us know when submitting as this may allow us to accept your talk when we otherwise may not have been able to.
About the event
Speakers will be provided with a projector, a microphone and a screen for their presentation (size depends on the room). Speakers should bring any equipment they need to connect to projectors. It is also suggested that you reduce your dependency on the in-house internet connection as possible. Selected speakers will be provided with the full details of the AV setup closer to the date.
All talks will be videoed and we will be aiming to release the videos to delegates as soon as possible after the event. They will then be release publicly on a video sharing site such as youtube in the run up to the following years event. If we decide not to run an event the following year, they will be released publicly at a similar time.
When the Call for Papers closes, the organizers will sort through the submissions, making their selections. Speakers will be notified as soon as the selection process has been completed. We will contact all speakers regarding their submissions regardless of their talk being selected so don't assume that no news is bad news.
When making our selections, the CFP panel will be focusing on bringing the best possible original content to our audience. To increase your chances of selection please bear in mind the following points.
- Talks which have already featured on the programme for a UK conference are unlikely to be selected
- We have limited slots so will be focusing on content strongly relevant to PHP developers
- General purpose proposals will be favoured over those that focus on a single framework (eg Symfony)
- We will also be considering what can an attendee to a talk take away and use first thing Monday morning
- We welcome submissions from previous years speakers, new speakers and experienced speakers
Traveling to the event
York is really easy to get to, there are direct trains from London, Manchester and other major cities. We suggest that international speakers fly into Manchester and then get the train into York.